Wednesday 18 January 2012

My dear friend Bea!

Hello my dears!
Today I had the absolute pleasure of rekindling my physical friendship with my dear friend Bea who has been living in Amsterdam for the last two years. Bea and I completed the Fashion Design program at RMIT together and actually lived together in Amsterdam in 2007 as part of our studies. She is truly one of my closest friends, no matter the distance between us.
Seeing as Bea had arrived in Melbourne just over 24 hours ago following a delay in Asia and all she wanted to do today was to sleep, I felt very special indeed when the first thing she actually did was drop straight into Paris '99! Really she hasn't stopped hearing about the salon but was a well established Amsterdamienne when it all came to be.
Bea is a blast with so many things going on all that time and all that carefree cycling in Amsterdam is definitely a good way to keep trim and terrific, just look at how all these amazing pieces become even more amazing on her!


Bea in the sparkling Badgley Mischka Couture sequined/beaded jacket. I love a nipped waist with slightly rounded shoulder!


Rocking the early '60s with a literal twist! Cropped jacket and chevron flared skirt by Carolina Herrera and draped silk top by Sharon Wauchob.



This is one of my favourite dresses in my whole collection, the Calvin Klein Collection by Francisco Costa spring 2007 campaign dress. The free-flow cascading pleat anchors the diaphanous floating upper layer and when the light hits it you can see the body hugging silk mesh corset. Just so you know, Bea had not seen this image (courtesy of frillr.com) when she struck this pose. What a regular Natalia Vodianova :)

And we let loose just enough with the crinkled leather Undercover bikie style pants but kept it classy with the Oscar De La Renta silk tie-front top. If you know the scroop sound of silk, this is one of the scroopiest I've heard! (and it is now SOLD!)

Thank you Bea for a lovely afternoon, welcome back to Melbourne and I know we'll see plenty more of you before you take off again! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment